Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Perfect...

"Everyone wants to be perfect, but when perfection loses its meaning, how far will you go? What would you give up to be perfect?....... Ellen Hopkins's Perfect exposes the truths about what it takes to grow up and grow into our skins our ownselves."

Coming September 13!!

Okay omg I just felt like dedicating a blog to one of my favorite authors Ellen Hopkins. Thanks to my cousin Leslie I discovered Crank oh about 3 years ago and I got hooked. I've bought every one of her books. She writes in this poem form that is so beautiful. 
I think it's kinda blurry. Sorry lol but here's an example of how she writes her verses into shapes and a sort of exaggeration of words sometimes I'm guessing to express more emotion. She is a young adult writer but her writing is so intense and so real that I've heard some of her books have been banned in school libraries. She write about topics such as drug abuse, mental illness, addiction, suicide, teen prostitution and the list goes on and on. 

I would really recommend her books to anyone who's looking for a book that will capture your whole attention and will have you wanting more. They are so addictive. 
I have to wait until September for the next one:( 
The wait is so worth it:)
much♥ruthi
Go to her website for more info on her books:) http://www.ellenhopkins.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing, I love discovering new authors :)
    Sarah
    sparkle-and-grey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete