Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anti-Valentine's?

Hello ! Hello !

Hope everyone's Valentine's Day was good:)

I have to say this has been the best Valentine's I've ever had.
Now, for those that know me, you guys know I am sooo Anti-Valentine's. I think since I was 16 I've always had a boyfriend on V-Day. Well except for in 2010 oh and 2009 o.O lol But it never made a difference to me whether I was single or not I just never cared for it. 

I still feel the same way haha 

I feel like this is just some excuse for companies to get money. Why should couples have to say I love you and make a big feast only one day in a year? Like every year I get sick of all the pink and red and all the stands with huge teddy bears in the street >.< That's how it is in Houston idk about other cities lol. If your partner is going to go all out and do all this crap why does it have to be February 14? Why can't it be March 30 ? lol Any random day you know?

But I'm actually dating a girl lmao 
JK Turns out Anthony's #2 fave "holiday" is Valentine's (his #1 is Halloween. How have we lasted so long? IDK! I don't even celebrate Halloween!!! lmao)

He's a real romantic guy. LIKE BIG TIME. I am so not lol I'm very simple and prefer gestures rather than gifts and this whole big spectacular event thing. (Am I making sense?) But I went along with his little plans because I love him (*coughs*gay*coughs*) lol 

His words were "I don't care what the meaning of Valentine's is to most people. To me this is celebrating our love." And I said "isn't that what anniversaries are for?". He said no that's when you celebrate that you made it that far or something like that lol So I went along with it knowing this meant a lot to him.

We had a simple homemade dinner at his house. He picked me up with tangerine colored roses  lol. And when I walked in the door he had candles on the table. And WE cooked. Yup yup I cooked lmao We made chicken alfredo. Very simple, I know, but cooking totally made me forget this was even Vday. And he got me CRAVE CUPCAKES =D. I have been wanting to taste those cupcakes in the longest and I finally did. Not bad but sooo not worth 4$. I just went to Kroger's and got 4 cupcakes for 3.99$ !! 
Anywho we ate dinner and then watched A Walk To Remember. I forced him to watch it lol. 

Biggest surprise of all? I got me some bling. He went to Jared's :O lmao Naw not really he went to Zales lol I was really surprised with myself because I actually really love this. It's real simple and delicate and Idk I was like in shockers lol. So this pretty much sums up my little Vday. I felt like sharing.  Sometimes you have to put your own little tantrums aside and go along with the plan. You might be surprised with what you find. o.O


So whether you spent it with a special someone, with a bunch of friends, or alone. Hopefully the  day wasn't so bad lol And to those who are like f*** valentine's uhm more power to you? lol 

much♥ruthi

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree when you said why people do this for one day, and not more days out of 365 in the year? Anywho,I'm happy you had a great valentine's day!
    <3 the blog post but you already know that. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thanks ♥

    Yea it sucks how some people forget about romance after this day :/

    ReplyDelete